Response to MikeMcQuaid

Unfortunately, MikeMcQuaid has locked this:

so I cannot respond! He said:

MikeMcQuaid said that Homebrew is not that kind of package manager,

I said that Homebrew doesn’t change things just because a single user asks for them. If you’d rather use something else: that’s up to you but it ends this conversation.

This is not true. Just a couple posts above that, he did say:

In this case: Homebrew binaries/libraries are explicitly not suitable for distribution in other applications because of how they are built.

Also, there was nothing “heated” about this conversation. I cannot understand why it was locked. Was something said that warranted locking it? Not being able to respond is very frustrating!

@realnc You have been given several options. One suggestion was to maintain your own fork of the formula:

I’d suggest you fork this formula for your own static version.

The second suggestion was to write your own formula to distribute your plugin:

If so, have you considered distributing your binary plugin package using a third-party Homebrew tap?

Now, to answer your question:

Also, there was nothing “heated” about this conversation. I cannot understand why it was locked. Was something said that warranted locking it?

Your response was easy to read as a thinly veiled threat, i. e. to use other package managers if we don’t do things your way:

But I will finally need to switch to something like Conan or vcpkg, since they are made to support my use case

I can see why one would lock the conversation in response to that comment. It reminds me a bit of a Karen demanding to speak to a manager. Mind that Homebrew maintainers work for free; they have no obligation to you whatsoever. I hope you understand how your comment could be read in a way that feels very unconstructive, especially given your request has already been answered in good faith by showing you several options.