Problems with brew audit

(Izaak Beekman) #1

When I try an audit I get the following error:

brew audit xdot
Error: cannot load such file -- parser
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
/Users/ibeekman/.gem/ruby/2.0.0/gems/rubocop-0.49.1/lib/rubocop.rb:3:in `<top (required)>'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in `require'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:135:in `rescue in require'
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/lib/ruby/2.0.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:144:in `require'
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cmd/style.rb:74:in `check_style_impl'
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/cmd/style.rb:67:in `check_style_json'
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/dev-cmd/audit.rb:101:in `audit'
/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/brew.rb:95:in `<main>'

This is on a Sierra machine, and brew doctor and brew missing report nothing noteworthy. Any ideas how to debug this and get it running again?

(Mike McQuaid) #2

Try to gem install rubocop?

(Izaak Beekman) #3

yup, it’s installed… maybe something’s wrong with my Ruby/Gem environment? I tried a reinstall of Ruby through home-brew…

(Mike McQuaid) #4

Yeh, think it’s worth trying to uninstall/reinstall all your gems as it looks like the rubocop install is broken.

(Izaak Beekman) #5

I switched to using RVM which solved this issue for me, then I upgraded to High Sierra and everything seems to work fine again. Thanks for all the help.