Mpv failing to find optional dependencies

(Mlindner) #1

Hi, mpv supports linking against libcaca. However when I compile mpv with brew (not using bottled version) when I have libcaca installed it still fails to find it. How do i get mpv to find it because it’s an automatic option?

brew install mpv -s --verbose --HEAD
Checking for CACA                                                 : no ('caca >= 0.99.beta18' not found)

$ brew info libcaca
/usr/local/Cellar/libcaca/0.99b19 (43 files, 2.8MB) *
  Poured from bottle on 2019-01-28 at 01:57:42

When looking at mpv configure, this option is an automatic dependency so it should be automatically be found in the PATH.

(Sean Molenaar) #2

Source builds are very unreliable, that’s why homebrew is moving to bottles for everything.
https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/mpv Shows there’s no dependency on libcaca though so it won’t be available to the build environment.

(Mlindner) #3

Is there any way to shut off the build environment and set it to the default environment?

(Sean Molenaar) #4

it’ll risk breaking every other part of your build (you’re better off maintaining your own formula at this point) but yeah there is. It’s in the man page somewhere (I can’t check for you atm)

(Mlindner) #5

I actually looked for it in the man file before I asked this question, but didn’t see any option. I may have missed it.