How to build a bottle for linux

I added a new formula and the bottle for macOS was built by CI.
But I can’t find how to build a bottle for linux.

My formula is below:

Is there any mistake?
Maybe an additional procedure is required?

Hi @dalance,

Thanks for adding the formula!

Yes, additional processes are currently required for Linux bottles, because the repos are split.

There’s currently a maintainer step to build bottles for Linux, which usually happens after homebrew-core is merged into linuxbrew-core. The PRs are labelled “bottle” on GitHub, if you’re interested, and bottles are built by the LinuxbrewTestBot on CI. It’s currently a fairly manual process of us pulling the TestBot’s commits behind the scenes and publishing the bottle.

It seems like this one was missed as I can’t see any outstanding or previous PRs. Sorry about that. I’ll try and get to it a bit later if someone doesn’t have time during today.

Thanks,

Issy.

Thank you for your response.
I understand the current process.

If I can’t find the PR labelled bottle at the next time,
should l report through this forum or GitHub issue?
Alternatively should I create a PR adding a comment like “# procs: Build a bottle for Linuxbrew”?

I’ve just pushed the bottle for procs, so if you brew update it’ll be in the formula. :slight_smile:

If I can’t find the PR labelled bottle at the next time, should l report through this forum or GitHub issue? Alternatively should I create a PR adding a comment like “# procs: Build a bottle for Linuxbrew”?

Open an issue to report a missing bottle. PRs are very welcome if a change to the formula is needed to make it build successfully on Linux.

@issyl0 Thanks! I succeeded to install the bottle on linux.

@sjackman OK. At the next time, I will open an issue.