Getting Error on Mac Download- not currently available from the Software Update Server

So I am trying to get this going (get Mono installed on Macbook Pro running OS X 10.15.1 so I can run CSpect Sinclair Next) but running into an issue. At Terminal it goes through the motions but then I get a Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update Server.

Should add I get this error when typing this in terminal and it is trying to fetch the downloads… so I copy and pasted the text at the top of the main web site and it tried to download the software and appears it can’t fetch it. Maybe Apple and xTools related? Something about it needs these tools but appears it can’t find them.

Any tips on how I can get this installed. Appears the Update Server does not have the software any more or?

Thanks
TJ

Try doing brew update-reset and trying again

I am guessing after a fresh boot of my OS X computer and go to terminal type that… I get a Unknown Command when I do that.

TJ

In case this helps more… seems the Command Line Tools is where my download goes off the rails. Appears it can’t locate them to install them. That is when I get the message there are not on the server.

==> This script will install:

/usr/local/bin/brew

/usr/local/share/doc/homebrew

/usr/local/share/man/man1/brew.1

/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew

/usr/local/etc/bash_completion.d/brew

/usr/local/Homebrew

==> The Xcode Command Line Tools will be installed.

Press RETURN to continue or any other key to abort

==> Searching online for the Command Line Tools

==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/touch /tmp/.com.apple.dt.CommandLineTools.installondemand.in-progress

==> Installing the Command Line Tools (expect a GUI popup):

==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --install

xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools

Press any key when the installation has completed.

==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

xcode-select: error: invalid developer directory ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools’

Failed during: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

It seems like your macOS install is the problem. What does ls -al /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools say?

Hey, I think I have a similar problem. I was following a small tutorial on YouTube to install gcc on my Macbook, I copied the command on Homebrew homepage to the terminal and this showed up:

[…]
/usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --install
xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools
Press any key when the installation has completed.
==> /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
xcode-select: error: invalid developer directory ‘/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools’
Failed during: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --switch /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

I then kept following the tutorial not knowing what was really going on since im new to programming, and tried: brew install gcc

And this showed up:
zsh: command not found: brew
If you could help me I’d really appreciate it,
Miguel

If you have a similar problem I need to have an answer to the question I asked above from either one.

Sorry about that, ls -al return is this:

total 32
drwxr-xr-x+ 15 miguelribeiro staff 480 23 Set 09:43 .
drwxr-xr-x 5 root admin 160 10 Jun 16:14 …
-rw------- 1 miguelribeiro staff 4 10 Jun 16:14 .CFUserTextEncoding
-rw-r–r--@ 1 miguelribeiro staff 10244 12 Set 12:14 .DS_Store
drwx------ 2 miguelribeiro staff 64 23 Set 09:27 .Trash
drwxr-xr-x 3 miguelribeiro staff 96 18 Jul 10:25 .oracle_jre_usage
-rw------- 1 miguelribeiro staff 0 23 Set 09:43 .zsh_history
drwx------+ 4 miguelribeiro staff 128 13 Set 12:37 Desktop
drwx------+ 6 miguelribeiro staff 192 13 Set 12:37 Documents
drwx------+ 4 miguelribeiro staff 128 12 Set 12:14 Downloads
drwx------@ 68 miguelribeiro staff 2176 8 Ago 22:17 Library
drwx------+ 4 miguelribeiro staff 128 24 Jun 21:57 Movies
drwx------+ 6 miguelribeiro staff 192 20 Jul 09:47 Music
drwx------+ 4 miguelribeiro staff 128 10 Jun 16:15 Pictures
drwxr-xr-x+ 4 miguelribeiro staff 128 10 Jun 16:14 Public

And what about this one?

ls -al /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

ls: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools: No such file or directory

Can you run /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --install and run the install script on brew.sh again after that’s done.

I get this warning,
Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.

No Such File Or Directory is what it says for me. Unless this CommandLineTools comes stock on an OS X 10.15 install, I would not have it I suppose as the Update Server is not allowing me to get these tools. I say’s it will install them… but can’t find them to install. Could Apple have changed where these tools are and that is why the script is not able to locate and install them? TJ

Did the /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/xcode-select --install in terminal. It say’s it needs the comman line developer tools and will download them. I click the INSTALL button and it goes to a License Agreement screen where I click Agree. It then goes to Finding Tools window and like before, it comes back and say’s it can’t find them on the Software Update Server and the install stops. I sense Apple has removed or moved these?

TJ

Exactly the same for me

Previously they accidentally shipped an Xcode 12 version of those. Maybe they removed that and broke it. In that case the only solution is going to https://developer.apple.com/download/more/ and downloading and installing “Command Line Tools for Xcode 12”

That was the problem, it’s working now.
Thank you for the help,
Miguel

Thanks. Will try this and report once done. TJ

I just did a software update on my Catalina box yesterday, and along with the OS update were two CLT updates: one for Xcode 12 beta 5, and the other for Xcode 12 (gold release, I assume).

Perhaps xcode-select was confused by this, in which case a manual CLT download and install seems to be the correct remedy.

can you please try this.

softwareupdate --list