Freeradius-server missing rlm_opendirectory

(Seju) #1

Hello,

I was trying to install FreeRADIUS-server on a macOS Server. I used the formula which is provided through homebrew, but encountered two problems:

1. no rlm_opendirectory.c appeared to be included in the package and therefore no rlm_opendirectory.* files are compiled. Therefore setup fails, when relying on opendirectory.

I had to compile from source and copy the 3 files over to the brew installation directory. Actually compilation went through only after I added:

export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/lib"
export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/include"

to my .bash_profile and sourced it and used the following:

./configure --enable-developer=yes --localstatedir=/var --with-openssl-lib-dir=/usr/local/opt/openssl@1.1/lib make

I do not know if this was necessary … but afterwards compilation passed.
I do not know if these problems are related to the corruption of my server or if indeed the formula does not provide the rlm_opendirectory library files.

1. It would also be helpful to be able to create a launch daemon after installation.

FreeRADIUS is going to be increasingly important for macOS user since RADIUS has been eliminated from macOS server, unfortunately I am not proficient enough and unable to do the things I pointed out.

I hope someone can look over it.

Thanks in advance?

(Seju) #2

When doing brew edit freeradius-server and adding

--enable-developer=yes
--with-experimental-modules

the two files:

rlm_opendirectory.a
rlm_opendirectory.dylib

are created, but no rlm_opendirectory.la, which is indicates in Apple’s documentation.

Could someone tell me how to create it and if it is actually necessary?

Thanks in advance.

How about adding the two options to the formula?