I updated homebrew, and installed some OS updates this morning and something broke on my system that is causing the following error:
Error: Xcode alone is not sufficient on Yosemite.
Install the Command Line Tools:
Browsing the internet I found many possible solutions but none of the ones I tried fixed the issue.
I am hoping someone here has some ideas on how to fix this. I suspect it is related to this post:
Also probably related to the fact that CLT says N/A in the brew config below.
OS Yosemite version 10.10.5 (I cannot upgrade unfortunately)
Homebrew/homebrew-core (git revision 72c8; last commit 2018-03-13)
xcode-select version 2339.
Last commit: 3 days ago
Core tap ORIGIN: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core
Core tap HEAD: 72c88ef9d79048295b42d2e879e7a691b7f5dac6
Core tap last commit: 50 minutes ago
CPU: octa-core 64-bit haswell
Homebrew Ruby: 2.3.3 => /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Homebrew/vendor/portable-ruby/2.3.3/bin/ruby
Clang: 7.0 build 700
Git: 2.5.4 => /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/git
Curl: 7.43.0 => /usr/bin/curl
Ruby: /usr/bin/ruby => /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.0/usr/bin/ruby
Java: 1.8.0_66, 1.7.0_80, 1.6.0_65-b14-468
Stuff I’ve tried (not necessarily in order):
- Initially tried updating homebrew.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled homebrew.
- Ran brew doctor and prune.
- Made sure xcode was installed and updated.
- Tried installing an older version of homebrew.
- Ran “xcode-select -r” hoping something was misconfigured.
- Removed command line tools at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools and reinstalled (via command line and using the app store)
At this point I’m at a loss as to what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.