Error install - Mojave

Hi…

I had Homebrew installed on previous versions and now I need some unix tools again so I’m doing a fresh install on a newer Mac… Getting the error:

Software Update Tool

Downloading Command Line Tools (macOS Mojave version 10.14) for Xcode
Error downloading Command Line Tools (macOS Mojave version 10.14) for Xcode: The request timed out.
Done.

Error downloading updates.

It goes through what appears to be the install but then ends up with this error message. Any hints at what I’m doing wrong…??

Thanks…

What happens if you run sudo xcode-select --install?

Ah… bingo… installing that now. I just hate it when Apple removes previous installs without telling you… Arrgggg… hopefully once that finishes I can proceed… Thanks so much.

Ok… making progress… XCode installed, no problem, but then running the homebrew install came back with the following errors:

==> Tapping homebrew/core
Cloning into ‘/usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-core’…
remote: Enumerating objects: 722616, done.
error: RPC failed; curl 56 LibreSSL SSL_read: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL, errno 54
fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
Error: Failure while executing; git clone https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-core exited with 128.
Error: Failure while executing; /usr/local/bin/brew tap homebrew/core exited with 1.
Failed during: /usr/local/bin/brew update --force

I then tried the suggested new command:

/bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install.sh)”

…and got a somewhat different output, where the previous output had responses related to ruby, this one did not, but ended up with the same errors…

Any thoughts on what the problem might be…?? Thanks!

This seems to be an issue with your connection. I don’t think there’s much homebrew related I can help you debug. Maybe the internet has some suggestions?

Ok, that is what I thought it was saying… I’m on satellite here and that is frequently a problem. I periodically take this machine to where I have cable, and do the update there… Hopefully good news… Thanks again for your feedback.