Brew Install Libtiff

(David070) #1

Hello there,
I am quite new to Python and Homebrew. I tried to install Tesseract with Homebrew but it couldnt install libtiff. So I tried to install litbiff with Homebrew and got following error:

Updating Homebrew…
==> Downloading mirrors.ocf.berkeley.edu/debian/pool/main/t/tiff/tiff_4.

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Trying a mirror…
==> Downloading mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/

curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: An exception occurred within a child process:
DownloadError: Failed to download resource “libtiff–patch”
Download failed: mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/tiff/tiff_4.0.9-6.debian.tar.xz

So somehow Homebrew cant find the download file?! I tried to install it manually but that failed. Would be nice to get some help. thank you very much :slight_smile:

(Claudia) #2

Thanks for reaching out @David070, and for adding more details to your request.

So somehow Homebrew cant find the download file?!

That’s correct. The libtiff formula has relied on a number of security patches, which used to be downloaded from a Debian repository. However, Debian decided to remove those patches recently.

A fix has been applied on Homebrew’s side, and is currently being tested.

(David070) #3

Thank you for you quick reply! Would be nice if you let me know when its working again! Or how do I get to know? :slight_smile:

(Claudia) #4

@David070 One simple way to get notified is for you to browse to Tell Me When It Closes and click the big blue button there.

(Charles) #5

This same Libtiff fix needs to be done for the Libtiff section in the Wine formula. I’ve made the change on my system and was able to install wine without a problem.

(Sean Molenaar) #6

Pull requests are always welcome.

(Charles) #7

Thank you, I’ll come up to speed on things, I’m pretty new to brew, macs and such, only been using it for three days now. I’ll check into all the rules and where to do things.