Brew failing do download any bottles

This morning, when I ran an upgrade, it seemed like every single bottle failed to download with a 404, forcing a source install. Here’s an excerpt from the beginning of the upgrade:

agraubert@Aaron-Mac2 ~/m/h/a/D/c/prelab [1]> brew upgrade
Updating Homebrew...
==> Auto-updated Homebrew!
Updated 1 tap (homebrew/core).
==> Updated Formulae
Updated 1 formula.

==> Upgrading 1 outdated package:
pandoc 2.10.1 -> 2.10.1.tar.gz
==> Upgrading pandoc 2.10.1 -> 2.10.1.tar.gz 
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/pandoc-2.10.1.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.1.tar.gz
##O#- #                                                                       
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: Failed to download resource "pandoc"
Download failed: https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/pandoc-2.10.1.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.1.tar.gz
Warning: Bottle installation failed: building from source.
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz
##O#- #                                                                       
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
Error: Failed to download resource "cabal-install"
Download failed: https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz
Warning: Bottle installation failed: building from source.
==> Downloading https://github.com/haskell/cabal/commit/b6f7ec5f3598f69288bddbdba352e246e337fb90.patch?full_index=1
Already downloaded: /Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/3fb771722f1d46c145f4c2d49f0fdfddb0f1491560c5cdf1667bee63a4fccad3--b6f7ec5f3598f69288bddbdba352e246e337fb90.patch
==> Downloading https://hackage.haskell.org/package/cabal-install-3.2.0.0/cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz
Already downloaded: /Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/19c62dc8ef8f76b57030576fc5f1e6a6091b7be62522edaceae6e1018b613e8c--cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz
==> Downloading https://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.10.1/pandoc-2.10.1.tar.gz
Already downloaded: /Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/acab9343d0b7af2a44519387dce15bcc6f778a63dfdd68da64d62c4f4299605c--pandoc-2.10.1.tar.gz
==> Installing dependencies for pandoc: cabal-install
==> Installing pandoc dependency: cabal-install
==> Pouring cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz
tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/f719064f585297c02302565708995bddd37c9bf6811168231f881f0f5f831273--cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz'
Error: Failure while executing; `tar xof /Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/f719064f585297c02302565708995bddd37c9bf6811168231f881f0f5f831273--cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz -C /var/folders/b2/jr4mmnzs68j2_kjw12z65wdm0000gn/T/d20200922-69927-wc52rd` exited with 1. Here's the output:
tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open '/Users/agraubert/Library/Caches/Homebrew/downloads/f719064f585297c02302565708995bddd37c9bf6811168231f881f0f5f831273--cabal-install-3.2.0.0.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.tar.gz'

Warning: Bottle installation failed: building from source.
==> Patching
==> Applying b6f7ec5f3598f69288bddbdba352e246e337fb90.patch
patching file bootstrap.sh
==> sh bootstrap.sh --sandbox

It looks like brew’s looking for a bad URL with the file extensions a little wonky:

https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/pandoc-2.10.1.tar.gz.catalina.bottle.1.tar.gz fails, but I’m able to download https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/pandoc-2.10.1.catalina.bottle.1.tar.gz in browser

What do brew config and brew doctor say?

The problem is that it’s somehow regarding .tar.gz as part of the version in some parts of homebrew. Could you create a bugreport here: https://github.com/Homebrew/brew/issues/new/choose that will make sure that the people who know more about this take a look at it.

HOMEBREW_VERSION: 2.5.2
ORIGIN: https://github.com/Homebrew/brew
HEAD: cd4a3c0588abb82d916bc8558f4c157e951d449d
Last commit: 32 hours ago
Core tap ORIGIN: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core
Core tap HEAD: 95137187eef58ecb1f9af33d783a17301bf2aa42
Core tap last commit: 63 minutes ago
Core tap branch: master
HOMEBREW_PREFIX: /usr/local
HOMEBREW_CASK_OPTS: []
HOMEBREW_MAKE_JOBS: 4
Homebrew Ruby: 2.6.3 => /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/bin/ruby
CPU: quad-core 64-bit kabylake
Clang: 12.0 build 1200
Git: 2.28.0 => /usr/local/bin/git
Curl: 7.64.1 => /usr/bin/curl
Java: 11.0.8
macOS: 10.15.6-x86_64
CLT: 12.0.0.0.1.1599194153
Xcode: 12.0
(.devenv) agraubert@Aaron-Mac2 ~/D/g/cs7280> brew doctor
Please note that these warnings are just used to help the Homebrew maintainers
with debugging if you file an issue. If everything you use Homebrew for is
working fine: please don't worry or file an issue; just ignore this. Thanks!

Warning: "config" scripts exist outside your system or Homebrew directories.
`./configure` scripts often look for *-config scripts to determine if
software packages are installed, and which additional flags to use when
compiling and linking.

Having additional scripts in your path can confuse software installed via
Homebrew if the config script overrides a system or Homebrew-provided
script of the same name. We found the following "config" scripts:
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/icu-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/krb5-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/freetype-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/xslt-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/libpng16-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/libpng-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/xml2-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/python3-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/curl-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/ncursesw6-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/pcre-config
  /Users/agraubert/anaconda3/bin/python3.8-config