Brew broke everything when I ran "brew upgrade"! What happened?

(Cyberpower678) #1

I just ran brew upgrade because a php package wasn’t installing. After brew upgrade was run, everything was broken. I spent hours setting up PHP installations of php53, 54, 55, 56, 70, 71, and 72, and even longer getting it working with PHPStorm. Now all of it is broken. The files are there, but php crashes on startup. What on earth happened?

(Cyberpower678) #2

And I can’t even reinstall the packages. Nothing is working. It claims it can’t find libz despite being installed and linked.

(Mike McQuaid) #4

I’m seriously pissed

We’re volunteers who spend our free time building something you get to use for free. This is not how to ask for help.

(Cyberpower678) #5

I understand that, but I do feel I need to express my frustration. I ran brew upgrade expecting my packages to be updated, but instead it broke everything and I can’t reinstall anything.

My dev environment is useless unless I can figure out how the repair the packages.

I don’t mean to be an ass or rude.

(Mike McQuaid) #6

No, you don’t, sorry.

(Cyberpower678) #8

@MikeMcQuaid I apologize again about earlier. I have calmed down and with a bit of work managed to get the packages rebuilt and brew repaired.

But is there anything you can say that can possibly explain what happened here. I am willing to provide additional info if needed.