Adobe CC Subapps Installation

(Dustin B) #1

I’m sure others are looking for this as well, and I’ve seen a few albeit much older cases on GH where there are casks to install a few of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps like Lightroom or photoshop.

Does anyone know if there is any working solution to install these subapps, inline with the Adobe CC app?

As it is now, I currently use brew to install the Adobe CC casks, then I login to the Adobe CC app as a user, download the apps and then log out.

This works, but is AaF.

Thanks in advance.

(Sean Molenaar) #2

Homebrew supported the individual Adobe apps at one point, but no longer and have no intention of reverting that decision. Adobe is a user-hostile company, and one of the places that shows is in their draconian installation procedures. They were so difficult to support (and required frequent changes), they threw the towel.
But there is a third-party tap, hosted by the user that made most of the corrections by the time they abandoned support for the casks: https://github.com/danielbayley/homebrew-adobe

(Dustin B) #3

Yeah tell me about it, the software is just a pain in the ass to deal with. I may take a look at that tap and see if I want to go down that route.

Thanks for the pointer.

(Dustin B) #4

Yeah. . . his casks are so far out of date it’s not worthwhile to bother since I still have to update the apps to get to “current”.