Add options to Configure in formula Dovecot --with-mysql

(James Brown) #1

I’ve used Brew to install Dovecot but it is not authenticating for me because it was not compiled with MySQL support.

I edited /usr/local/Homebrew/Library/Taps/homebrew/homebrew-core/Formula/dovecot.rb and added ‘–with-mysql’ to the args section. Then ran ‘brew reinstall dovecot’.

But I still get ‘auth: Fatal: Unknown database driver ‘mysql’’

Anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks, James.

(Sean Molenaar) #2

This seems like a question that’s better of at the dovecot people, as you’re not really using anything of homebrew anymore. https://dovecot.org

(James Brown) #3

Thanks Sean.

Not sure why you say that. I’m installing using brew (re)install dovecot, so I am using homebrew. I am just trying to slightly modify the config the formula that home-brew uses.

I think what I am doing wrong is not using ‘–build-from-source’?

(Sorry, new to Homebrew).

(Sean Molenaar) #4

You’re compiling dovecot and brew isn’t the one throwing an error, dovecot is. In comparison this is a bit like writing apple about a website that you opened on your Mac not delivering the things you ordered.

(Tangerine62) #5

I’m using dovecot
If you build from source instead of pouring the bottle you will solve your troubles with MySQL
Enjoy

(James Brown) #6

Thanks all. I edited brew’s dovecot config file to include ‘–with-mysql’ and then used:

brew install dovecot --build-from-source

and it now works:

Install prefix . : /usr/local/Cellar/dovecot/2.3.2.1
File offsets ... : 64bit
I/O polling .... : kqueue
I/O notifys .... : kqueue
SSL ............ : yes (OpenSSL)
GSSAPI ......... : no
passdbs ........ : static passwd passwd-file pam checkpassword sql
CFLAGS ......... : -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wall -W -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith -Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -Wno-duplicate-decl-specifier -Wstrict-aliasing=2 
                 : -shadow -bsdauth -sia -ldap -vpopmail
userdbs ........ : static prefetch passwd passwd-file checkpassword sql
                 : -ldap -vpopmail
SQL drivers .... : mysql sqlite
                 : -pgsql -cassandra
Full text search : squat
                 : -lucene -solr

It’s still trying to use pam for authentication, but that’s another discussion!

Thanks again for your help.